Technical Support Engineer
Twilio Customer Support Representatives are the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners; we’ll count on you to interact in a friendly and professional way. You will interact with our customers' and partners' developers, architects and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
About the job:
- Help customers understand the finer points of Twilio capabilities and influence them to implement best practices.
- Interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that our customers need.
- Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Sales. Sometimes you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
- Help us understand customer trends, documenting and reporting what you observe to the management team in order to better improve our support process.
- 2-5+ years experience in a client-facing technical role.
- Desire to deliver positive customer experiences by identifying their problems and guiding them through complex technical solutions.
- Ability to professionally and diplomatically address customer concerns and provide concise feedback.
- Excellent reading comprehension, listening, and writing skills.
- A firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem.
- A functional knowledge of general purpose programming languages.
- You are good at and enjoy debugging other people’s code.
- Solid understanding of computer networking.
- Experience working with team members in different geographic locations and timezones and with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Telecomm experience preferred. For example, you have implemented, deployed and/or maintained/supported Avaya/Cisco/OpenVBX/or similar platforms of significant size.
- Knowledge of IP Telephony protocols a plus.
- Flexible work schedule. The ideal candidate is available to work a Saturday or Sunday shift.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree or have equivalent work experience.
- Attendance of programming/coding bootcamps.
- iOS and Android programming experience.
- Experience with call centers and/or IVRs from a technical perspective.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top