Technical Account Manger- Voice
About the Job:
The TAM is a single point-of-contact to manage the resolution of any product support issues the customer may be experiencing. More importantly, the TAM delivers proactive guidance to the customer to provide added value through the use of Twilio technologies and deliver recommendations to make the customer’s environment less susceptible to business impacting downtime.
- You will work closely with your assigned customers to ensure their success with Twilio’s platform and products.
- You will learn and document their use cases so that you can provide the highest quality of service.
- You will be their designated point of contact for technical issues and escalations and will drive these to resolution using a combination of best-known methods and escalations.
- You will work proactively with your customers to identify issue patterns and drive continuous improvement.
- You will participate in cross-functional customer meetings.
- You will provide product and process related training to your customers.
- You will work closely with your manager and cross-functional teams within Twilio to advocate for your customers:
- You will provide updates of your customers’ successes, pain-points, and temperature on a weekly basis in 1 on 1s.
- You will provide monthly reports for each of your customers for an executive audience in order to highlight any challenges.
- You will be responsible for individual performance metrics:
- Customer Satisfaction as a function of your performance on customer tickets.
- SLA (Service Level Agreement) as a function of your responsiveness to your customers through their tickets.
- Support related supplier scorecard ratings (If applicable).
- 5+ years experience in a client-facing technical role preferably in a customer support team; Previous Technical Account Manager experience is a plus.
The time management skills to handle tickets while maintaining high customer relationship. Desire to deliver positive customer experiences by identifying their problems and guiding them through complex technical solutions.
- Ability to professionally and diplomatically address customer concerns and provide concise feedback.
- A firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem.
- A functional knowledge of general purpose programming languages. Much of Twilio’s functionality is exposed as REST APIs
- Solid understanding of computer networking.
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving QoS (Quality of Service) issues, including escalations to third parties
- Demonstrated ability to make teams better
- You hit the ground running and can adapt quickly to new challenges. You quickly learn and master every aspect of complicated processes and systems.
- You use your analytical mindset to break down large problems and identify possible root causes of issues. You support your proposed solutions with data.
- You have a passion for improving product quality and creating great user experiences.
- You are excited about not only teaching others ‘how to fish’ but also how to fish at scale!
- Experience working with team members in different geographic locations and timezones and with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Telecomm experience preferred. For example, you have implemented, deployed and/or maintained/supported Avaya/Cisco/OpenVBX/or similar platforms of significant size.
- Knowledge of IP Telephony protocols is required.
- Attendance of programming/coding bootcamps.
- iOS and Android programming experience.
- Experience with call centers and/or IVRs from a technical perspective.
- You hold a Bachelor’s degree or have equivalent work experience.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LIPOST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top