Technical Account Manager
This is an exciting opportunity to join Twilio in powering the future of communications by enabling messaging, voice, video and IP solutions to be embedded into web and mobile applications to create an multi channel, contextual experience for global consumers today.
As a Technical Account Manager at Twilio, you will be the voice of Twilio to our partners; we’ll count on you to interact in a friendly and professional way. You will engage with our customers' and partners' developers, architects and support personnel to resolve complex problems with potentially very costly and far-reaching consequences.
About the job:
- You will work closely with our Japan reseller to ensure their long term success with Twilio’s platform and products in the Japan market.
- You will learn and document their use cases so that you can provide the highest quality of service.
- You will be their designated point of contact for all technical issues and escalations and will drive these to resolution using a combination of best-known methods and escalations.
- You will work proactively with our Japan reseller to identify issue patterns and drive continuous improvement.
- You will participate in cross-functional customer meetings.
- You will provide product and process related training to our Japan reseller.
- You will work closely with your manager and cross-functional teams within Twilio to advocate for our Japanese customers:
- You will provide updates of our reseller’s and customers’ success in Japan, including their pain-points on a weekly basis or in 1 on 1s.
- You will provide monthly reports to an executive audience in order to highlight any challenges.
- You will be responsible for individual performance metrics.
- Customer Satisfaction as a function of your performance on customer tickets.
- SLA (Service Level Agreement) as a function of your responsiveness through ticket response times.
- Support related supplier scorecard ratings (If applicable).
- Desire to deliver positive customer experiences by identifying problems and guiding our reseller through complex technical solutions. Analytical mindset to break down large problems and identify possible root causes of issues. You support your proposed solutions with data.
- Excellent reading comprehension, listening, and writing skills (English & Japanese fluency). You can explain complex technical issues and diplomatically address customer concerns.
- Hit the ground running and can adapt quickly to new challenges. You quickly learn and master every aspect of complicated processes and systems.
- Passion for improving product quality and creating great user experiences.
- Excited about not only teaching others ‘how to fish’ but also how to fish at scale!
- A firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem.
- A functional knowledge of general purpose programming languages.
- You are good at and enjoy debugging other people’s code.
- Solid understanding of computer networking.
- Experience working with team members in different geographic locations and timezones and with diverse cultural backgrounds. You will partly support local Japan timezone from San Francisco (with the help of other Technical Support team members) and work in collaboration with other engineering and product teams in San Francisco to deliver requirements to our Japan reseller.
- Telecom experience preferred. For example, you have implemented, deployed and/or maintained/supported Avaya/Cisco/OpenVBX/or similar platforms of significant size.
- Knowledge of IP Telephony protocols a plus.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or have equivalent work experience. 5+ years experience in a client-facing technical role preferably in a customer support team; Previous Technical Account Manager experience is a plus.
- Attendance of programming/coding bootcamps.
- iOS and Android programming experience.
- Experience with call centers and/or IVRs from a technical perspective.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LIPOST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top