Tech Lead - WebRTC Video C++ SDKs
We're looking for an experienced C++ technical lead to drive the development of the cross-platform C++ libraries that are at the core of Twilio's Programmable Video product. Twilio's video SDKs allow mobile and web developers to quickly add video chat capabilities to their applications. As the C++ Tech Lead you will get to leverage the power of WebRTC and develop a global, highly scalable, easy to use communications platform used by more than 1,000,000 developers across the globe.
About the job:
- We’re seeking talented engineers to help build the best telecommunications API on the planet.
- As the Tech Lead for the cross-platform C++ libraries you will be the leader of the engineering team developing the core technology that powers our video SDKs. You will bring the power of Twilio, WebRTC and the latest communications technologies to Twilio’s Programmable Video SDKs.
- Successful candidates will be strong developers with experience shipping high-profile, user-facing mobile products, working in large code bases with complex dependencies, and engineering features for security, scalability, and high availability.
- Work on Twilio’s cross-platform C++ SDK architecture and drive development using the latest audio/video technologies that power WebRTC.
- Participate in all phases of our software development life cycle to convert concepts and specifications into released core SDK features.
- Collaborate with product management to define, architect, and build new customer-facing features.
- Collaborate with SDK Infrastructure to ensure the backend requirements meet the needs and requirements of the core SDK platform.
- Lead a small team of developers, defining architecture and developing solutions to the most challenging problems in real-time communications.
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment. This is a hands-on coding position.
- Ability to ship software quickly and frequently.
- Ability to lead a team of developers and work in conjunction with Engineering Management and Product Management.
- A Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in industry as a C++ developer with a proven track record for shipping SDKs, libraries or products focused in the real-time communications space.
- Mastery of cross-platform C/C++ development is a must.
- Experience designing and building C++ SDKs for consumption by other developers is also required, along with experience building Android or iOS SDKs.
- Direct experience working with WebRTC or a comparable media stack.
- A solid understanding of networking, algorithms, memory management, and concurrent programming.
- Ability to write maintainable code with extensive test coverage and work in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev / stage / prod release cycle, continuous deployment).
- Proven ability to work on closely-knit teams using Agile tools for tracking progress, issues, etc.
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment. We ship to thousands of people on a very regular basis with tight schedules and small teams, and it takes a certain kind of energy and drive to get it done!
- Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You find clever ways around problems, or just plow through them.
- You are passionate about real-time communications.
- You are a champion of test-driven development.
- You have experience with and opinions about various tool chains and CI tools.
- You understand SIP and VOIP-related technologies and think the promise of WebRTC can change the way we communicate.
- You’ve created software following agile software development practices.
- You've built apps using Twilio SDKs.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
Back to top