Tech Lead - Mobile SDKs
We're looking for an experienced technical lead to drive the development of Twilio's Programmable Voice mobile SDKs. Twilio's Programmable Voice SDKs allow mobile and web developers to quickly add VoIP calling capabilities to their applications. As the Mobile SDKs Tech Lead you will get to leverage the power of WebRTC and develop a global, highly scalable, easy to use communications platform used by more than 1,000,000 developers across the globe.
About the job:
- We’re seeking talented engineers to help build the best telecommunications API on the planet.
- As the Tech Lead for the Programmable Voice mobile SDKs you will lead the development of cross-platform C++, iOS, and Android mobile SDKs that combine the power of WebRTC with that of Twilio's Programmable Communications Cloud.
- Successful candidates will be strong developers with experience shipping high-profile, user-facing mobile products, working in large code bases with complex dependencies, and engineering features for security, scalability, and high availability.
- Work on Twilio’s cross-platform C++ SDK architecture and drive development using the latest audio/video technologies that power WebRTC.
- Participate in all phases of our software development life cycle to convert concepts and specifications into released core SDK features.
- Collaborate with product management to define, architect, and build new customer-facing features.
- Collaborate with SDK Infrastructure to ensure the backend requirements meet the needs and requirements of the core SDK platform.
- Lead a small team of developers, defining architecture and developing solutions to the most challenging problems in real-time communications.
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment. This is a hands-on coding position.
- Ability to ship software quickly and frequently.
- Ability to lead a team of developers and work in conjunction with Engineering Management and Product Management.
- A Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years in industry as a mobile developer with a proven track record for shipping cross-platform SDKs, libraries or products focused in the real-time communications space.
- Experience with cross-platform C/C++ development is a must.
- Experience designing and building iOS or Android SDKs for consumption by other developers is also required.
- Direct experience working with WebRTC or a comparable media stack.
- A solid understanding of networking, algorithms, memory management, and concurrent programming.
- Ability to write maintainable code with extensive test coverage and work in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev / stage / prod release cycle, continuous deployment).
- Proven ability to work on closely-knit teams using Agile tools for tracking progress, issues, etc.
- Enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced environment. We ship to thousands of people on a very regular basis with tight schedules and small teams, and it takes a certain kind of energy and drive to get it done!
- Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You find clever ways around problems, or just plow through them.
- You are passionate about real-time communications.
- You are a champion of test-driven development.
- You have experience with and opinions about various tool chains and CI tools.
- You understand SIP and VOIP-related technologies and think the promise of WebRTC can change the way we communicate.
- You’ve created software following agile software development practices.
- You've built apps using Twilio SDKs.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top