Systems Engineer (L3)
- Bengaluru, India
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Systems Engineer L3 to be part of the Systems Operations/Engineering team at Twilio globally. The Systems Engineer (L3) will be responsible for enterprise cloud design, administration, and management. You will possess the knowledge and skills to perform SSO integrations between Okta and other products. You will be skilled in lifecycle management of both physical and virtual servers including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, support, and audit related duties. You’ll get the opportunity to work with the change management process and help ensure that the team is aligned on any future changes and updates. You will use your knowledge of test protocols, backup and recovery principles, incident, and problem management to ensure a robust IT environment. You will be able to lead the design and execution of small to medium technical projects with limited oversight. You should have a strong desire to learn and grow, and be able to quickly pick up and apply new knowledge.
Twilio is looking for a Systems Engineer Level 3 who lives the Twilio Magic and is “eager to make an impact on quickly growing organization” They also have:
- 5+ years experience working with systems engineering and 7+ years of overall IT experience.
- Advanced experience required with cloud platform administration including AWS, Okta, and Google Suite.
- Advanced knowledge of designing, configuring, managing, and administrating systems required including hardware, OS (Mac, Windows, [Linux is a plus]), Active Directory, group policy, internal DNS, DHCP, as well as monitoring and patching.
- Advanced understanding of networking services.
- As an owner, you take initiative to identify and resolve issues that can improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the team using excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework/best practices and ability to understand the concepts of identity management for enterprise systems.
- Strong ability to collaborate and effectively communicate both via documentation and cross team.
- Participate in the Systems Operations After-Hours support rotation following the company’s incident response and escalation policy.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
As Systems Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- DON’T SETTLE: Suggest better ways to perform routine tasks by creating efficiencies
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Resolve tickets from our Systems Engineering/Operations queue and escalate where necessary. Work on project tasks to completion providing timely updates in our project management software
- DRAW THE OWL: Install, configure and maintain Windows servers per our run books and industry best practices
- BE AN OWNER: Implement Okta integrations per our run books and industry best practices
- BE BOLD: Contribute to new solutions
- BE AN OWNER: Lead the design and execution of small to medium sized technical projects with limited oversight.
The Systems Operations Team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We work closely with leadership and the user community to provide strategies for the implementation and support of our worldwide server infrastructure. We also automate many of our back office services to provide a better experience for our user community.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Bengaluru office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Back to top