Strategic Sourcing Manager- Hardware
- San Francisco, CA
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a motivated Sourcing Manager to support the enterprise (server, network) hardware, leasing and telco space. The candidate should have strong procurement skills, analytical and financial acumen and communication capabilities with a hands-on passion to dive-deep into the details while also developing the overall category strategy. Additionally, candidate must have skills in managing large-scale procurement improvement projects
The ideal candidate thinks long term, drives multiple initiatives, communicates appropriately and influences customers and suppliers at all levels. You will be collaborative, but also work with significant autonomy. To be successful in this role you will be highly analytical; think strategically and globally; exhibit curiosity and learning drive; have a sense of urgency to meet customer timelines, succeed in a fast-paced environment; and have a high level of customer focus and business judgement. It will be critical to embrace and model the Twilio company values (known as Twilio Magic) and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
You also have...
- Master’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Finance, Industrial Engineering and/or Operations or equivalent experience; 5+ years’ experience in a senior procurement role
- Experience in hardware, leasing and telco categories - building category strategy and managing a team to drive execution and deliver savings
- Experience practicing best-in-class procurement processes (category management, bench-marking, should-cost models, RFX, reverse auction, contracting, etc.)
- Proven record of measuring KPIs, developing scorecards, reports, and driving Quarterly business review (QBR) process to monitor sourcing and supplier performance
- Superior negotiation skills, developed through significant technology sourcing hands-on experience
- Experience leveraging Coupa, NetSuite and Oracle procurement & ERP systems for vendor spend management
- Deep knowledge of key contract language and terms and strong understanding of structuring and drafting various contracts including NDAs, MSA, MPA, Service orders and software licensing agreements
- Strong influencing skills that can be used to build partnerships with internal resources as well as Twilio’s supply base
As the Strategic Sourcing Manager, you will be responsible for conducting category spend analyses and reporting, supplier stratification, supply market and category industry research. We want someone who can strategically partner with business unit leaders in support of key procurement initiatives; someone who can facilitate the entire sourcing process and closely collaborate with business unit heads to select and award business to suppliers.
You will also be responsible for...
- DRAW THE OWL: Developing plan on cost savings strategy for technology services and products – primarily focusing on sourcing and qualification of server, network, telco equipment vendors & resellers and leasing vendors
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Analyzing the overall supply chain to identify risk and driving clarity & resolution to supply chain issues affecting quality, cost & delivery lead-times
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Partnering with stakeholders to fully understand business roadmaps, developing network and hardware strategy and creating sourcing pipeline
- BE INCLUSIVE: Identifying, qualifying and formalizing which suppliers should be on a preferred supplier list and partner with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment
- BE AN OWNER: Leading the negotiation of contracts with new suppliers and/or the renegotiation of existing contracts to accomplish lowest total cost of ownership and meet savings objectives
- BE BOLD: Optimizing and bringing in efficiencies in source-to-contract process through standardization of commodity code structure (in Jira and Coupa)
- DON’T SETTLE: Continuously measuring, managing and improving supplier actual performance against negotiated SLA
- WRITE IT DOWN: Driving request for information (RFI) and request for proposals (RFP) with vendors, overseeing review of the proposals with business, privacy, security and legal teams and managing the entire bid to award to contract process
The Strategic Sourcing team is instrumental in driving effective and efficient procurement of products and services for Twilio at the very best value, through negotiating commercial terms, mitigating risk while not compromising on quality. The Strategic Sourcing team is the key function which determines and manages the overall supplier partnership and strategy. The team is responsible protecting the company proactively from the risks of doing business with suppliers
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Back to top