Strategic Account Executive
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Strategic Account Executive to partner with existing key Enterprise customers to optimize and grow their Twilio use cases and find new ways for them to leverage communications in their businesses.
A Strategic Account Executive will be responsible for building relationships deep and wide in the accounts qualifying new prospects and managing deals to closure.
- A proven track record negotiating and closing complex Enterprise wide agreements.
- Experience navigating through multiple decision makers and influencers.
- 6+ years in success selling large dollar infrastructure software or platform solutions to Enterprises.
- Proven track record of verifiable customer revenue expansion and profit maximization in a quota driven business environment.
- Credible, trusted partner with your customers and their executive team.
- Experience with cloud computing business models and enjoy selling to a technical audience and building mutual trust.
- Proficient in Salesforce.com for tracking activity, pipeline and revenue metrics.
- Experience with value-based sales process and capability to build ROI as part of your sales methodology.
- Solution-oriented and consultative approach to selling, ensuring your customers receive value from the products they buy.
- World-class interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effortlessly make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sound simple.
- Ability to listen first and add value to conversations.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals at the same time.
- Strong cross-functional team skills.
- Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Takes initiative. Creative. Personable. Self-starter. Productive.
- A bachelor’s degree and prior work related experience or equivalent.
Growing Twilio’s largest revenue customers and penetrating and growing their book of business. While many of the contacts in these accounts have been software engineers and product managers, the AE will need to expand and build new relationships with senior line of business owners and executive stakeholders (CTOs, CIOs, CPO/VP of Product) to uncover new opportunities where Twilio can help solve company’s pains and challenges through superior communication workflows.
The goal is for Twilio become a trusted advisor helping companies improve their overall customer engagement experience and meeting their business objectives. The ideal candidate has between 6-10 years of infrastructure and/or software/technology sales into complex enterprise accounts. Knowledge in telecom, software development, and consulting is a plus.
As a Strategic Account Executive you will be responsible for:
- Sales and revenue growth responsibility into Twilio's Key Account portfolio. Territory includes a region of Twilio’s strategic accounts, with a focus on a Top 30+ sales execution plan. Responsible for incremental revenue growth and retention, new use case adoption, and cross sell of Twilio’s new products.
- Establish thorough understanding of your top 30+ account's business strategy and growth plans. Develop, lead and execute Twilio sales strategies aligned to your customer’s communication workflow and business outcomes.
- Strengthen and expand our relationships within these customer accounts, including up-leveling our existing relationships with key C-level sponsors within these customer organizations (CIOs, CTOs, CFOs).
- Establish and expand visibility and on-site Twilio presence at your accounts to build relationships across the company, including regular engagement to provide product roadmap/innovation sessions, support, current issues, and current and future business opportunities.
- Develop and lead Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR) with customers, leverage cross functional teams (Twilio Sales Specialists, ISVs, CSM, Support, Product and Executive leadership) to build and execute account plans and strategies for each target account. These QBRs will include Twilio Sales and Executive management.
- Partner with CSMs to proactively gather, analyze and leverage data on customer changes, industry trends and competitive dynamics to influence how these customers can use Twilio to drive maximum value for their businesses.
- Develop, lead and deliver effective sales strategies to identify, negotiate and close large deals.
- Leverage all sales automation, funnel management and prospecting tools to accurately forecast sales activity and revenue achievement through use of our CRM.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. The Global Sales team plays an integral role in building out our customer base and bringing Twilio to developers, non-profits and enterprise to make an impact on their services. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience.
We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday Night dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
Back to top