Staff Engineer - Front End
- Bangalore, India
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Senior Front End Engineer for our Identity Platform Team in Bangalore, India. You will be a member of one of the first teams of engineers in our new Bangalore office, responsible for a Front End IAM experience our customers will love. You will play a key role in defining our technical and team culture in India. A successful candidate, will be a self-starter, who never settles, is ready to jump into a variety of technologies and languages and is able to coordinate and collaborate with other teams, as well as mentor other engineers.
- You have a very strong understanding of REST APIs.
- You know that the code you ship is only as dependable and predictable as the tests you write.
- You bring experience with build patterns common to web technology stacks, you love shipping amazing products and you sweat the little things around user experience.
- You communicate well in person, on paper, and in code. You love to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- You have experience coordinating with development teams in multiple time-zones.
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with IAM protocols such as OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SCIM
- Experience with security fundamentals like encryption, message signing and verification
- Experience with JWTs
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will:
- Own and create intuitive, fluent and responsive user interfaces. Build fast-rendering reusable and extendable front-end components using React.
- Build individual components as well as entire web applications.
- Collaborate with Designers, Product Managers, and Engineers.
- Manage your work through the use of Github, Jira, and our build/deploy systems.
- Develop a testing harness and strategy for what your team ships.
- Build relationships with key engineers in your focus area.
- Enjoy getting the MVP out the door, and you know that great user experience takes ongoing investment, refinement, and polish.
- Implement UI features for some of the most fundamental Identity and Access Control components.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
Twilio's IAM Platform, helps our customers connect to and use the Twilio products that make their businesses successful. Our platform has global reach and operates at cloud scale. Our challenge is to enable our customers, and to protect their data, while providing mission critical IAM features on the Twilio platform.
Twilio is truly unique. We are a company committed to your growth, learning, development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers..
Back to top