Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Qualified Accountant with 1 - 2 years' PQE to join our team in Dublin. If you are someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, can work well as part of a team, as well as effectively and efficiently on your own initiative and can easily shift between the details and the “big picture” we want to hear from you.
As a Staff Accountant you are;
- Fully Qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) with 1 – 2 years’ PQE
- Have good knowledge of both Local and US GAAP
- Self starter and able to work independently.
- Comfortable working with Excel
- Familiarity with ERP Systems (we use NetSuite) and expense reimbursement systems.
- Understanding of internal controls.
- Have the ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment and produce accurate and timely deliverables.
- A team player with the ability to interact and communicate effectively across the business
- Results driven and detail orientated.
You will be responsible for;
- Executing monthly accounting close activities and deliverables for EMEA and APAC.
- Responsible for international entities GL transactions
- Preparation of well-supported account reconciliations to ensure integrity of account balances.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Reconcile bank accounts to general ledger and analyze discrepancies to make appropriate corrections. Ensure all cash transactions are booked to NetSuite.
- Maintain documentation of processes related to accounting procedures and internal controls for functional area.
- Reconcile fixed assets, prepaid assets and other GL accounts on a monthly basis.
- Support the team on all audit and tax requests.
- Provide general support to the accounting operation as required.
What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
The Accounting organization is on a mission to hire the very best employees and to create exceptional employee experiences. We are actively scaling for current and future growth and believe that we can add value to Twilio through our collaboration with the various functional teams.
What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position is located in our beautiful office at WeWork Iveagh Court, Dublin 2 (we are across the street from the Harcourt Luas stop). You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered lunches 4 days per week, snacks, game area, ergonomic desks, massages, bi-weekly dinners at All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through API's that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Back to top