Twilio is looking for a Staff Accountant to join the Accounting team to further support the fast paced growth of the organization.
This position will be responsible for everyday GL accounting (such as cash, prepaid expenses, fixed assets) as well as a key support for audits. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated and works well in teams, and has experience working with a US-based HQ team. The individual will have demonstrated experience working within tight deadlines, such as working on a public company close cycle, with strong accuracy. She/He should also have strong analytical and communication skills, and a proven ability to work well across the organization to ensure overall team goals are met.
- Execute monthly accounting close activities and deliverables for EMEA and APAC.
- Responsible for international entities GL transactions
- Must have knowledge of US GAAP.
- Preparation of well-supported account reconciliations to ensure integrity of account balances.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Reconcile bank accounts to general ledger and analyze discrepancies to make appropriate corrections. Ensure all cash transactions are booked to NetSuite.
- Maintain documentation of processes related to accounting procedures and internal controls for functional area.
- Reconcile fixed assets, prepaid assets and other GL accounts on a monthly basis.
- Support the team on all audit and tax requests.
- Provide general support to the accounting operation as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field.
- 4 to 6 years of accounting experience.
- Self starter and able to work independently.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel user.
- Familiarity with ERP Systems, specifically NetSuite and expense reimbursement systems.
- Understanding of internal controls.
- Ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment and produce accurate and timely deliverables.
- A team player with the ability to establish collaborative working relationships.
- Results driven and detail orientated.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Public company experience preferred.
- ACA/ACCA/CPA license.
- Prior public accounting experience.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top