Twilio is looking for a Staff Accountant to join the Accounting team to further support the fast paced growth of the organization.
About the Job:
This position will be responsible for everyday GL accounting, specifically around global payroll accounting transactions and other key GL areas such as prepaids. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated and works well in teams. The individual will have demonstrated experience working within tight deadlines with strong accuracy. They should also have strong analytical and communication skills and a proven ability to work well across the organization to ensure overall team goals are met.
- Execute monthly accounting close activities and deliverables.
- Responsible for the entire global payroll accounting transactions.
- Must have knowledge of payroll practices.
- Preparation of payroll related journal entries and monthly accruals.
- Conducts appropriate research to ensure payroll expenses and accruals completed accurately.
- Preparation of well-supported account reconciliations to ensure integrity of account balances.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Serve as backup for AP and employee expense reimbursement.
- Reconcile bank accounts to general ledger and analyze discrepancies to make appropriate corrections. Ensure all cash transactions are booked to NetSuite.
- Maintain documentation of processes related to accounting procedures and internal controls for functional area.
- Reconcile fixed assets, prepaid assets and accrued expenses on a monthly basis.
- Support the team on all audit and tax requests.
- Provide general support to the accounting operation as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field.
- 2 to 4 years of accounting experience.
- Self starter and able to work independently.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel user.
- Familiarity with ERP Systems, specifically NetSuite and expense reimbursement systems.
- Basic understanding of US GAAP and good internal controls.
- Ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment and produce accurate and timely deliverables.
- A team player with the ability to establish collaborative working relationships.
- Results driven and detail orientated.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Public company experience preferred.
- CPA license.
- Prior public accounting experience.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top