Sr. Voice/Video Quality Engineer
Do you dream in perfect H.264? Are you the type of engineer who won’t quit until there are zero artifacts in that VP8 stream? Can you diagnose an Opus steam just by listening?
If this sounds like you, then Endpoint Analytics is the place to be! The EA team is fanatically obsessed with ensuring our customers the best experience when it comes to voice and video quality when using the Twilio Programmable WebRTC SDKs.
About the job:
A successful Senior Voice/Video Quality Engineer is one who loves tinkering with network conditions, can inject jitter at will and thinks the data collected defines quality. The Senior Voice/Video Quality Engineer will lead the charge in providing the best possible Opus/VP8/H.264 real-time communications experiences for our customers to build upon.
- BS in Computer Science and 5-7 years experience.
- Excellent problem solving, design and debugging skills.
- Strong scripting/programming background.
- Should be fluent in one of the following; python, java, C/C++.
- Codecs - G.711, G.722, Opus.
- Deep understanding of the OSI layer and how network conditions can affect voice/video quality.
- Working knowledge of VoIP quality measurement models - E-Model, PESQM, POLQA.
- Working knowledge of voice quality metrics (jitter, RTT, packet loss, etc.)
- Passion for debugging quality issues with our customers and/or from our customers networks if needed.
- Familiarity with voice and video quality testing tools and/or network test tools like Comcast.
- Make decisions from data.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience with WebRTC a big plus.
- Provide focused voice and video quality engineering for our Voice and Video SDKs.
- Create quality reports that can be shared with internal teams and customers.
- Build and maintain an infrastructure and environment for conducting tests.
- Work with the SDK Platform team to improve measurable quality in the Voice and Video SDKs.
- Ship quality!
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top