Sr. UI Designer
About the job:
Twilio is seeking creatives to join our team of Interaction, Visual and Integration designers based in London and Tallinn. You will help us build out a design system that spans Voice & Video, Messaging and Authentication API’s for apps that enable our global user base to communicate with each other.
To be part of this new team you will need to be a great creator and have experience in effectively partnering with other designers, leads, product management and engineering teams whilst developing end to end experiences from concept to deployment. Ideal candidates will have knowledge of designing experiences across multiple devices and endpoints with a portfolio to match.
As a senior on the team, you will be confident taking the lead on projects, coaching and developing those around you and working with the Design Lead on future products and strategy.
- Create a foundation UX/UI that a new design system can be developed upon
- Develop that system into an extensible model that other design teams can work upon on varied products
- Work with engineers to define requirements and assist in project planning
- Develop, manage, and refine UI pattern libraries and interaction guidelines
- Lead/facilitate design brainstorming and working sessions
- Produce scenarios, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs
- Effectively communicate with developers through implementation phase to realize your design vision
- Communicate, defend, and build consensus around experience architecture and interaction design direction
- Assist in the creation of a user research plan and isolate testing requirements
- A least 5 years of experience including information architecture, interaction design, user experience design and user research and testing
- Expertise creating a variety of UX/UI designs including user scenarios, task flows, annotated wireframes, conceptual models or prototypes
- Possess ability to think holistically about design and across complex architecture
- Exposure to and understanding of variety of design, project management, and development processes and methodologies including agile development methods
- Experience shipping innovative and complex mobile, web or software products within milestone deadlines
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Understand the array of technical constraints, user goals and business requirements that shape current and future products
- Proficiency with, Sketch, Axure, Visio, Illustrator, and all related business and design tools
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in Product Design, UX Design, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Architecture
*Portfolio review required
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top