Sr. Strategic Account Executive
We are looking for proven Strategic Account Executives who are looking to grow their career in the fast-growing cloud communications platform market. You'll be working with enterprise customers and some of the world's hottest startups to optimize their existing Twilio use cases and also find new ways for them to leverage communications in their business.
About the job:
Our customers are often software engineers, application owners, and product managers. You must love talking to not only engineers and product managers but also build new relationships with senior business owners and decision makers (CIOs, CTOs, VPs of Product / Chief Product Officers, Business Unit owners) about building their business on Twilio and managing the overall commercial relationship with these customers (including white space identification, contract negotiations, etc).
The ideal candidate has between 10-15 years of infrastructure software / technology sales and large account experience. Knowledge in telecom is a huge plus.
- You will have a portfolio ranging from 3-10 high spending, strategically important accounts within your territory. You will be responsible for revenue growth, gross profit optimization, customer satisfaction and increasing our share of wallet across these customers.
- You will be expected to strengthen and deepen our relationship within these customer accounts, including upleveling our existing relationships with key C-level sponsors within these customer organizations (CIOs, CTOs, CFOs).
- You will be expected to spend significant time on-site to build relationships across the company, including regular engagement to provide support, discuss current issues, provide product updates and discuss current and future business opportunities.
- You will be required to conduct Quarterly Business Reviews and work with Twilio product and sales leadership to build and execute account plans and strategies for each target account. These account plans will be reviewed by Twilio sales management.
- You will be expected to proactively gather, analyze and leverage data on customer changes, industry trends and competitive dynamics to influence how these customers can use Twilio to drive maximum value for their businesses.
- You must devise effective sales strategies to negotiate and close deals.
- You will be expected to fully utilize all sales force automation, funnel management and prospecting tools and accurately forecast sales activity and revenue achievement through use of our CRM.
- You will be required to work cross functionally within Twilio to bring issues and support tickets to closure, as well as assist in launching new use cases.
- You've demonstrated success selling infrastructure software or platform solutions for between 10-15 years.
- Willingness to be on customer site majority of your time.
- Proven track record of verifiable customer revenue expansion and profit maximization in a quota driven business environment is key.
- Effective negotiators and closers wanted.
- Demonstrated experience delivering superior customer service and attention to detail.
- You understand the cloud computing business model and enjoy selling to a technical audience and building mutual trust.
- Needs to use SalesForce (SFDC) proficiently for tracking activity, pipeline and revenue metrics.
- Understanding of value-based sales process and capability to build ROI as part of your sales methodology.
- You embrace a solution-oriented approach to selling, ensuring your customers receive value from the products they buy from you.
- Ethical. Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative. Easy to deal with. Gets things done. High personal productivity; you are a doer first.
- World-class interpersonal and communication skills. You have the ability to effortlessly make complex contractual, technical, and financial details sounds simple.
- The ability to listen first, add value in every conversation and magically say the right thing at the right time to make things happen. You recognize the value of brevity.
- Ability to balance competing priorities and manage multiple projects/deals at the same time.
- Strong cross-functional team skills.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
Back to top