Sr. Software Engineer - TechOps
About the job:
The Technical Operations team at Twilio builds and maintains the core internal services platform that powers Twilio and helps us to reach millions of people every day. In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with designing and developing a growing cloud-based platform and custom applications with utmost standards for availability, throughput, latency, and data integrity.
- Collaborate with other Team Members and Engineering leaders to define, architect and build new internal-facing solutions and applications, powered by the Twilio Platform.
- Operate, and maintain your team’s services in a distributed production environment. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to your customers.
- Drive quality by writing unit, functional, load and performance tests.
- Release, monitor, and maintain features in a responsible, reliable way as part of our integrated DevOps practices - you own the full stack for your code.
- Excel as an engineer and be a productive member of the team where leadership is a behavioral trait, not a title.
- 5+ years experience as a full stack engineer
- Experience consuming & designing RESTful APIs
- Experience building React applications with Redux in ES6
- Strong SQL skills (schema design & writing complex queries)
- Experience with testing tools (i.e. JUnit, Enzyme, PHPUnit, etc)
- Comfortable setting up and tuning AWS services
- Have been an active participant in agile processes, continuous integration and test automation.
- Ideally, you have experience in a highly-available, uptime-critical production environment.
- If you are not experienced in communications, no worries, you will learn. We are seeking engineers who have solved complex problems at scale and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
- Experience developing solutions with the Twilio Platform
- Expertise in large scale distributed systems
- Understanding real-time communications technologies
- Experience developing mobile (IOS, Android) clients
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top