Sr. Software Engineer - Scala
Software engineers at Twilio are responsible for creating compelling experiences for all Twilio product-lines, from SMS to IP Communications. The software engineer will be working on, owning, developing and maintaining critical production support systems at Twilio.
About the job:
The software engineer will be working on automation, reporting and operations frameworks and productivity tooling used by Carrier and Product Operations support teams at Twilio.
- Develop and maintain the backbone of our tooling and automation framework to support operations across Twilio.
- Own your production infrastructure end-to-end. You’ll deploy your own code multiple times a week.
- Work as part of a team to define, architect, and build new customer-facing features. At Twilio, product roadmaps are a team sport.
- Write quality maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment.
- 5+ years building and supporting mission critical systems.
- Solid understanding of system design and data modeling.
- Experience with large systems and complex code bases.
- 2+ years experience with Scala.
- Must be a DOer, a curious learner.
- Tendency to automate all task that you have to do twice.
- Have created UIs using AngularJS framework.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience working in agile environment.
- You have spent 4 hours figuring out what 4 characters are causing a bug and kind of liked it.
- You have worked in both a monolithic and heavily service oriented architecture and understand the benefits of each.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
Back to top