Sr. Software Engineer - Partner platform / API
Twilio enables developers and businesses to build apps that communicate with everyone in the world.
The Marketplace team multiplies Twilio's offering through strategic partner integrations that provide key capabilities such as voice transcriptions, intelligent semantics, and spam detection.
About the job:
Be a part of an incredibly talented and agile team that works across the range of Twilio products. The team includes one of Twilio's co-founders, Engineering leaders with years of experience in building distributed systems and product managers who have founded and scaled SaaS startups and consumer products.
This is a highly visible role for a senior full-stack/backend developer.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Product Designers, Architects and other Engineering leaders to develop and deliver new Marketplace features.
- Own, operate and maintain services in a distributed production environment.
- Excel as an engineer and be a productive member of the team where leadership is a behavioral trait, not a title.
- Lead architecture, design and code reviews as well as mentor junior engineers.
- You have 4+ years building and supporting mission critical user-facing systems.
- You have an expert level understanding of object oriented design and data modeling.
- You have experience with large, distributed systems and complex code bases.
- Ideally, you have experience in a production DevOps environment where you ship rapidly and often.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top