Sr. Software Engineer - Messaging
The Twilio platform enables companies to integrate communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and with on-demand global reach. Twilio is therefore challenged with abstracting away a world of complexity so that our customers can go global without concern for managing a global communications network, carrier integrations and relationships throughout the world.
About the job:
As a member of the messaging team at Twilio, you will enhance and scale the SMS and MMS platform that touches millions of people every day. To take it to scale, you will be developing a complex distributed platform in Scala and Java and will be concerned with availability, throughput, latency, and data integrity. There will be a significant data component so you will be working with distributed SQL and NoSQL databases and caches. At the core are cloud technologies that enable deployment and management of computing resources globally.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects and Engineering leaders to define, architect and build new customer-facing features.
- Own, operate, and maintain your team’s services in a distributed production environment. Employ Agile methodologies to continuously deliver value to customers.
- Drive quality by writing unit, functional, load and performance tests.
- Release, monitor, and maintain features in a responsible, reliable way as part of our integrated DevOps practices.
- Excel as an engineer and be a productive member of the team where leadership is a behavioral trait, not a title.
- Experience in at least one web stack and framework, preferably in Scala or Java.
- Exposure to SQL and key-value database systems.
- Have been an active participant in agile processes, continuous integration and test automation.
- Ideally, you have experience in a highly-available, uptime-critical production environment.
If you are not experienced in communications, no worries, you will learn. We are seeking engineers who have solved complex problems at scale and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top