Sr. Software Engineer - Insight Engineering
Platform Engineering is Twilio’s investment in agility, a startup-within-a-startup. Our mission is to provide Twilio R&D - every engineer at Twilio - with the APIs and tools to succeed in their mission.
Engineering in Platform means understanding the demands of our R&D team on a whole, developing beyond the scaling and performance challenges we are facing at micro and macro-scale, and driving our own platform toward a bright future.
We are looking for great engineers who are performance and security minded to join this mission.
- Work with every team at Twilio, keep us shipping, and understand and influence the direction of Platform Engineering feature development.
- Develop tools and self-service apps to enhance Twilio's awesome DevOps infrastructure.
- Design and implement improvements to identify and address security and reliability risks.
- Significant hands-on OOP experience crafting infrastructure tooling and RESTful services (we typically use Java, Python, Ruby and Go).
- Successful track record of delivering quality results in complex cross-functional projects where rapid scale and high performance is the norm.
- Fundamental large-scale engineering experience focused toward distributed systems, high availability and microservice architectures.
- Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You find clever ways around problems, or just plow through them. You are entrepreneurial, and want to get things done. You have high aptitude, and always seek new challenges. Progress over perfection.
- IAAS platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack, Google Compute).
- PAAS platform and container technology (Mesos, Kubernetes, Docker).
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking and analysis.
- Strong Linux system-level performance analysis.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top