Sr. Software Engineer- Front End (Node.js/React)
About the job:
User experience engineers at Twilio are responsible for creating compelling experiences for developers and operators alike. As such, you will be responsible for usability considerations as well as implementation of modern Web experiences available through our Console. The experiences you build will be relied upon by Twilio’s largest customers on a daily basis, and you will continually expand and refine the experience to meet customers changing needs.
- At Twilio, product roadmaps are a team sport so you will work directly with Product and Engineering Management to define, architect, and build experiences. Engineers own production services end-to-end, so you will be deploying multiple times a week as part of an Agile process.
- Lead new projects from concept through launch. Collaborate with Product Managers to produce wireframe mock-up’s with tools such as Balsamiq. Then lead usability workshops to refine workflows, get buy in, and progress to implementation.
- Ensure proper instrumentation to track user behavior as well as produce automated tests using tools such as selenium.
- Influence cross team initiatives and mentor junior engineers.
- Expert level experience with modern Web technologies including React and Node.js.
- Experience with REST API design and services development on at least one of the following stacks - Node.js, PHP or Python.
- 3+ years building and supporting mission critical user-facing systems.
- Experience with large systems and complex code bases as well as source code control systems such a Github.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with data visualization techniques.
- Must be a DOer, a curious learner.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top