Sr. Software Engineer - Billing Platform, Backend
What we do:
- Process over 1,000,000,000 transactions each month.
- Capture all of Twilio's usage into an ERP system to report and forecast revenue.
- Identify and stop fraud: Credit card fraud, spam, phishing.
- Tax thousands of customers globally over 10+ products.
How we do it:
- RESTful microservices written in Scala and Python.
- Data storage with MySQL, Dynamo DB, Redis.
- Cloud hosted on AWS (SQS, EC2, Kinesis, Pipelines, Redshift).
- Design, build, test, deploy our services.
- Utilize distributed workflows, machine learning.
- Leverage open source projects: Dropwizard, Scalaz, Flask, gevent, gunicorn.
What we are looking for:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years in industry as a developer working with mission critical systems or billing systems.
- Experience with at least one database system.
- You have experience owning production systems.
- You have experience with Scala, Functional Programming, Distributed Systems.
- You know AWS (EC2, Dynamo DB, SQS).
- You have integrated with a third party API.
- You enjoy finding why one rogue message out of 30 million escaped billing.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
Back to top