Sr. Software Engineer - Fraud
Twilio is looking for a fraud engineer to help us build out our fraud-fighting technology across our entire platform. The Fraud Engineering team has overall responsibility for maintaining the efficacy of Twilio’s internal and third-party, fraud-fighting tools. We are looking for engineers who appreciate the challenge of defeating determined and intelligent fraudsters intent on leveraging Twilio’s communications platform for fraudulent purposes.
What we do:
- Identify and stop all types of fraud, including payments fraud, phishing, and toll fraud.
- Build internal tools and self-learning systems to detect and prevent fraud.
- Integrate third-party, machine-learning tools to combat fraud and augment our internal systems.
- Work with engineers across Twilio’s various communications products to incorporate fraud defenses into their products.
- Own your production infrastructure end-to-end. You’ll deploy your own code multiple times a week.
- Work directly with product management to build new features. At Twilio, product roadmaps are a team sport.
- Lead by example by writing quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment.
How we do it:
- RESTful microservices written in Scala and Python.
- Data storage with MySQL, Dynamo DB, Redis.
- Cloud hosted on AWS (SQS, EC2, Kinesis, Pipelines, Redshift).
- Design, build, test, deploy our services.
- Utilize distributed workflows, machine learning.
- Leverage open source projects: Dropwizard, Scala Flask, gevent, gunicorn.
What we are looking for:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years in industry as a developer working with mission critical and high-volume systems
- 3+ years of experience with Scala, Java, or C#.
- Experience with at least one database system.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms.
- Experience with mentoring junior engineers and enjoying it.
- You have experience owning production systems.
- You have experience with Scala, Functional Programming, Distributed Systems.
- You have integrated with a third party API.
- 2+ years of experience fighting online fraud with a top-tier fraud team.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top