Sr. Software Engineer - Data Platform
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio's Data Platform is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Elasticsearch-as-a-Service team and deliver a self-service platform of powerful, scalable, reliable and high performance data services and infrastructure to keep up with our rapid growth and the increasing demands of our product teams, business units and external customers.
Your experience includes:
- Developing low latency, highly available, globally distributed services platform that is used by over a dozen products with millions of events per minute.
- Open source data technologies such as Elasticsearch, Spark, Kafka, S3 and REST APIs?
- Own and operate production services in AWS cloud infrastructure using the latest tools, like Datadog and Rollbar,
- Bachelor's degree in a computer science related field is a minimum requirement.
In this role, you will:
- Lead the development of data products, services and tools, in Java, Scala and Python and advise on best practices
- Drive quality by writing unit tests, functional tests, and performance tests in a continuous delivery environment
- Break down requirements, estimate the tasks and plan the work is done accurately and to deliver quality products
- Support development operations, building, releasing and assisting with team on-call. Teams will be small and empowered so that you can move fast and ship to production multiple times in a 2 week sprint.
- Collaborate with other teams and work cross-functionally for product launches.
- You will be mentored, provided guidance, taught new technologies in-depth and grow in your career in Big Data.
Twilio’s data platform processes billions of records per day and handles petabytes scale of data. It provides platform and enables all our internal teams to develop faster products. We also provide voice and message APIs and support for our external partners and enable them to develop innovative products.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. The Engineering team plays an integral role in building out the products that allow our developer community to meet their communication needs.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position is located in our beautiful office at 399 W El Camino Real, Mountain View, CA . You should expect the normal perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, etc. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top