Sr. Software Engineer- Core Products Console
Twilio’s platform enables businesses to seamlessly integrate modern communications into their applications. From Uber’s anonymous driver communications, to AirBnB’s host identity verification, to eHarmony's connecting matches over the phone, businesses make their communications more relevant and compelling using Twilio. All of these use cases are enabled via simple cloud APIs with on-demand global reach.
Phone Numbers are the 'heart' of Twilio. It's how customers connect to our Super Network and expand their business globally. The Phone Numbers team at Twilio focuses on building the systems to search, buy and test millions of phone numbers globally. The team builds the products that enable customers to find the right connectivity for their business, in over 75 countries and growing. The team is building new products to simplify the way customers connect with Twilio as well as the tools for them to gain Insights on their usage and tools to manage their inventory efficiently.
As a Senior Front End Engineer on the Phone Numbers team at Twilio, you will be responsible for creating compelling web experiences for a variety of new Phone Number products as well as some internal tools used to run Twilio’s “Super Network”.
About the job:
- Work in a small, empowered team.
- Design, develop and maintain the web experience for the Phone Numbers product line.
- Own your production infrastructure end-to-end. You’ll deploy your own code multiple times a week.
- Work directly with product and engineering management and designers to define, architect, and build new customer-facing features. At Twilio, product roadmaps are a collaborative effort.
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage in a dynamic professional software engineering environment.
- Influence cross team initiatives and mentor junior engineers.
- Drive the design and development of Phone Numbers products web experience, in Node & React and other technologies of your choice.
- Break down requirements, estimate tasks and plan work accurately. Definition of done is Production.
- Support development operations, building, releasing and assisting with team on-call.
- Collaborate with other teams and work cross-functionally for product launches.
- Work with best practices in the team and maintain high engineering standards.
- 5-8 years building and supporting widely used, low latency user-facing systems with JS-based frameworks such as React or Angular.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with data visualization techniques.
- Ability to mentor and lead junior engineers.
- Must be a DOer, a curious learner.
- Agile mindset
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top