Sr. Software Engineer - Backend Wireless
Software Engineers at Twilio are responsible for creating compelling experiences for all Twilio product-lines, from SMS messaging to real-time video.
The individual in the Senior Software Engineer - Scala role will own development and maintenance of backend infrastructure for one of Twilio's most transformative product launches to date - Programmable Wireless.
About the job:
You will contribute to the Programmable Wireless APIs that deliver a world-class developer experience for provisioning, management and monitoring of wireless devices. You will also contribute to the backend systems that enable those APIs to interoperate with wireless carriers around the world.
- Own your production infrastructure end-to-end. You’ll deploy your own code multiple times a week.
- Develop and maintain services at multiple places in the stack - from carrier interoperability to operational monitoring to customer-facing product APIs.
- Work directly with the team and product management to build new features. At Twilio, product roadmaps are a team sport.
- Lead by example by writing quality, maintainable Scala code with extensive test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering environment.
- Joining a new business unit at Twilio, you can expect this role to feel like a 'startup within a startup'. Success in this role will require a willingness to embrace ambiguity and propose innovative solutions to problems that may never have been solved before.
- 5+ years in industry as a developer working with mission critical systems.
- Experience working with Scala in a production environment.
- First-hand experience designing and implementing REST APIs.
- First-hand experience working with MySQL or other RDBMS.
- Hands on. Passionate. Persistent. Creative.
- You have worked on high volume distributed systems.
- You have experience with SIP, SMPP and other common telecommunications technologies.
- You have spent 4 hours figuring out what 4 characters are causing a bug and kind of liked it.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
Back to top