Sr. Product Manager - SIP Voice
We are looking for a Sr. Product Manager to join our Voice team overseeing our global SIP platform. You will be responsible for defining the product roadmap, planning & prioritizing sprints, spec'ing out new features and product enhancements, and taking products to market.
About the job:
Twilio enables applications and devices to make phone calls anywhere to anything — from landlines to WebRTC, dating apps to multinational call centers. All of this is enabled via the Voice layer of our platform. With a massive network of global carrier connectivity, intelligent Voice routing is a critical function within Twilio. We are looking for a Product Manager to develop routing algorithms and to manage the high availability routing services used both internally and externally. You will own your products from both a technical and business perspective. This role needs to interact with different organizations within Twilio from engineering to the executive team. The success of our products is in your hands.
Successful candidates will have shown the ability to ship quality product in a fast-paced environment. We expect you to be able to work and communicate across the organization at all levels.
- Develop product strategy, requirements and manage product roadmap in the context of strategic market segments and use-cases. Be able to communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Own the roadmap for our SIP based products and intelligent routing engine.
- Understand customer/market needs and competitive landscape for IP communication, in particular: SIP Trunking, SBCs, app-to-app communication, WebRTC, and related voice communication technologies.
- Translate customer/market needs into strategy and deliver product requirements and corresponding business justification.
- Manage product throughout the entire product life-cycle including strategic and tactical activities such as product definition, go-to market, collateral generation, distribution and customer support.
- Participate in agile product development process, ensure features are prioritized correctly and releases are delivered on time.
- Develop, manage and lead new product introduction programs.
- Create collateral and presentations for customers, sales training, datasheets, product briefs and other internal communication
- 5+ years experience as a Product Manager for a technology company, ideally working with high availability production systems.
- You are a person who thrives in a fast moving environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity. Experience owning and launching products in a fast-paced environments is desired.
- You’re hands on, passionate, and collaborative.
- Looking for a “smart chameleon” with the ability to persuade and handle roadblocks.
- Work history owning product initiatives from requirements to deployed functionality
- Demonstrated skills in developing product roadmaps & functional specifications, launching new products, developing go to market strategies, conducting customer research and facilitating user testing.
- Solid understanding of SIP, SDP, webRTC, MPLS, VPN, SRTP/TLS/DTLS, etc.
- Solid understanding of Telecommunication carriers and routing
- Experience of SBC/PBX/UC, on-prem and/or cloud based platforms is desired.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to evolve product based on research, data and industry trends.
- Experience working cross-functionally with sales, sales engineering, operations, and product development teams.
- Excellent organizational, presentation and writing skills and ability to successfully interact across functions (at all levels) of an organization and with customers
- Work history with engineering teams and cross functional engineering management is required.
- Strong technical background is desired.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
Back to top