Sr. Product Manager - Flex/Email
- Irvine, CA
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Product Manager to drive Email in Flex. The person in this role will talk directly to customers as well as colleagues throughout Twilio to gain a thorough understanding of Flex, how customers use it, and where email fits into the customers’ contact center needs. From that insight, they will define and communicate clear product requirements to peer PMs, engineering, UX, and other company leaders. As the lead PM on the initiative, this position will be responsible for driving execution, and accountable for delivering the right product on schedule.
Twilio is looking for a Product Manager who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- 5+ years of Product Management experience, leading products from development to launch.
- Extensive experience talking to customers and getting to the core of their problems.
- Strong business acumen, to size and prioritize opportunities and make decisions on pricing and packaging.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, for both internal and external audiences.
- A background in email, contact centers, or communications is a plus, but is not an absolute requirement
- Experience with software development would be helpful in understanding how customers use this highly-customizable product.
- Bachelors/Masters degree or equivalent experience.
As a Product Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER’S SHOES: Talk to customers to deeply understand their use of our products, and what we can do to solve more problems for them.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Define and communicate clear product requirements to peer PMs, engineering, UX, and other company leaders.
- DRAW THE OWL: Be able to figure out what needs to be done, and drive execution, without following an established playbook.
- BE AN OWNER: Know your business, sweat the details, and truly own the outcomes for your product.
- RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: There’s always more to do than we have time for. You’ll need to make tough decisions about what the top priorities are, and gain cross-functional alignment on those priorities.
Flex is Twilio’s contact center platform and is a unique product that provides our customers with the building blocks they need to build a fully customized contact center solution to meet their needs. This role sits within the Email Business Unit, but will collaborate extremely closely with the Flex Business Unit to drive this initiative. The person in this position will be a key part of driving this critically important strategic product forward, and has the opportunity to make a truly significant impact on both the product and company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 1801 California Street Suite 500 Denver, CO 80202. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, access to our building fitness center, monthly All Hands and more.
You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top