Sr. Product Manager - Data Platform
- San Francisco, CA
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, product managers are responsible for every aspect of the product. From concept to API design to working with other teams to interact with your platform. You will touch every team within Twilio, and have full responsibility and autonomy to grow the platform. You will lead the product requirements required to build and operate real-time, highly-scalable distributed services that must operate at telephone network availability, all while the product grows at an exponential rate.
Twilio is looking for a Product Manager to join the Data Platform team. You will understand the needs of our end customers in the global communications market and build a platform to help internal teams manage their data. Working side by side with other product managers and engineering counterparts across Twilio R&D, you will collaborate to craft and deliver a vision, strategy, and roadmap for data movement, storage, cataloguing and schemas at Twilio.
Twilio is looking for somebody who lives the Twilio Magic and has a demonstrated track record of Product Development. You have:
- 4+ years in product management in a fast-paced company. You have a hustle ethic and know how to knock down barriers to get to your objective.
- You are customer focussed. You have an amazing ability to understand the customer’s challenges and are able to articulate a vision to solve them to make an impact.
- You are curious, collaborative, humble and have empathy as key traits.
- You are a strategic thinker and thrive operating in broad scope, from conception through continuous operation of 24x7 services.
- You have solved complex problems and have the aptitude to navigate uncharted waters.
- The ability to solicit customer requirements from many - often competing - sources, prioritize, and work with engineering and design to deliver
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Great communication skills. You're equally at home on stage presenting to an audience of developers as you are coming up with product requirements. Your best days are the ones where you do both in the same day.
- Experience managing products at various stages of maturity, from legacy to greenfield.
- Technically savvy and experience with the cloud, APIs, communications, enterprise software, devices, and mobility is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
As a Product Manager, you live the Twilio Magic, and inspire it in others, as you:
- DRAW THE OWL and BE AN OWNER: Own the roadmap for how we quickly let agile teams self-serve a data infrastructure
- BE INCLUSIVE: Working with Twilio teams across the world to understand and resolve needs to move and store data.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Work directly with the carriers in moving the ecosystem of vendors, other platform teams, and architects to chart a path to the future.
- BE BOLD: Be the leading expert on our use of data, and what teams need to do with it
- WRITE IT DOWN: Report on both the business and operational performance of your platform and customers on a weekly basis
Products are built on data, and many stakeholders, from the developers of a service, to their managers, compliance teams, and executives need to know the state of systems and their activity. The Data Platform team manages the flow of this data within Twilio, securing it, and ensuring everybody allowed can access it. We are also the pipeline to the reporting systems trusted by customers, executives and shareholders. We are successful when we make this easy for engineers.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. With 6 million developers on the platform, you will have the opportunity to have an impact on a massive scale. Your job will be to turn developers into heros!
This position will be located in our office at 375 Beale Street in San Francisco. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Back to top