Sr. Manager, Analyst Relations
Twilio is looking for a Senior Manager of Industry Analyst Relations to build on the foundation that we have established with a broad range of analysts. We are a diverse business with a variety of use cases that requires us to engage with and influence analysts in domains including contact center, communications platform as a service, security, application development and delivery, messaging, Internet of things and more. We expect to be able to address additional domains as we add more use cases to our portfolio.
About the job:
This role will be responsible for establishing and executing on a strategic framework for Twilio to engage relevant industry analysts that influence our enterprise customer base. This individual will manage our analyst relations program across three vectors -- proactive engagement, research subscriptions and go-to-market leverage.
- Develop and implement a strategic communications effort that aligns with business objectives and enhances corporate visibility and perception with industry analysts across multiple categories relevant to Twilio’s business.
- Develop strategic go-to-market engagements with relevant analysts and provide cross-functional leadership across Twilio to execute on those programs.
- Proactively establish and maintain relationships with key analysts and influencers and effectively communicate Twilio news and POV.
- Drive participation in major analyst research such as Magic Quadrants, Waves, and other market reports.
- Bring industry and competitive insight to internal teams through advisory days and internal communications.
- Develop metrics for measuring communication effectiveness – and use the data to drive decision making.
- Manage our library of subscriptions to ensure we are getting the most for our investments.
- Manage internal resources -- including budget and a part-time AR manager -- for both subscriptions and GTM activities.
- Provide feedback on content and prepare spokespeople for analyst engagements.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in English, communications, marketing, journalism, business or comparable discipline
- 8+ years' experience in analyst relations. Experience in product marketing, strategic communications, or public relations a plus.
- Experience leading and managing a team; experience building a team in an emerging business a plus.
- Deep knowledge of and passion for enterprise analysts, influencers, pundits and key consultants.
- Demonstrated experience building communication capabilities as well as the ability to improve processes and organizational structure.
- Comfort and familiarity with a fast-paced environment.
- Successful, strategic communications expert who has created and executed global communication strategies, managed budgets and led hands-on execution.
- Strong, persuasive communication skills enabling the ability to influence at all levels.
- Clear, strong, precise writing skills.
- Excellent people leadership and management skills showcasing the ability to attract, motivate and performance-manage a world-class team.
- Relationship builder; dynamic, proactive, respected; good listener; values input and stimulates candid dialogue; positive attitude and a sense of humor.
- Action oriented, positive self-starter who can build a highly motivational environment around themselves.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
Back to top