Sr. Director of Product - Messaging
We are looking for a Product Leader to join our Messaging team to help build the next generation of Messaging APIs and products, enabling businesses to communicate with their customers wherever they are. As the Product lead for messaging, you will be responsible for understanding the rapidly changing messaging space, defining the product roadmap for the team, designing new APIs, planning & prioritizing sprints, and bringing your ideas to production.
About the job:
Consumers have spoken, and the overwhelming majority prefer to use messaging to communicate, whether it’s via SMS, chat, or using apps like Facebook Messenger or WeChat. These emerging trends pose significant challenges to businesses as they begin to adopt this growing trend of always-on, multi-channel, asynchronous communication. In this role, you will observe these challenges first hand and design the next generation of Messaging APIs and products to overcome them and make our customers successful.
At Twilio, developers are our customer and your mandate is to focus on their needs and bring the right product to market. To do this you will need to work with engineering, product marketing, sales and customer support to launch new products and support existing ones. You will need to have command over the product both on a technical level as well as a commercial one. The success of our products is in your hands.
- Manage and grow a team of messaging product managers, while also serving as a mentor to other PMs throughout the company.
- Keep up to date on the rapidly changing messaging market, develop customer use-cases, and develop working prototypes.
- Craft a vision for the future of Twilio messaging and be able to articulate that vision to the executive team, our customers and the market at large.
- Own the roadmap for your product. Be able to communicate both the business and technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Work closely with product leads and engineering teams at partner technology companies.
- Understanding of agile product management and engineering practices and a willingness to roll up the sleeves and do what it takes to define product functionality well.
- Strong presentation, excellent written and verbal communication skills are a MUST!
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work with distributed, cross-functional teams.
- Mock up concepts, write functional specs, cut tickets, write copy and do whatever it takes to express your ideas to our internal engineers, designers and other product managers.
- Our customers are developers, and we are passionate about building products for them. You will need to engage with our developer community to understand how we can improve our products to increase functionality and unlock new uses.
- You have 10+ years experience as a Product Manager with at least 5+ years in a management capacity.
- You are a person who thrives in a fast moving environment with a heavy dose of ambiguity. You should have experience shipping products in a fast-paced environment.
- You’re hands on, passionate, and collaborative.
- No experience in telecom is required. Do you love solving problems? That’s what we want.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top