Sr. Director of Authentication Sales
About the job:
- Reporting to the VP & GM of Authentication, Twilio’s Sr Director for Authy Sales will lead, mentor, and scale a high performing team of sales professional primarily in North American.
- The ideal candidate will be a “do-er” that carries their own opportunities and will creating and executing on a detailed sales plan to achieve revenue objectives from authentication customers and maintaining monthly forecast and sales pipeline.
- This leader must be customer focused, metrics driven, embrace a consultative sales philosophy, have a strong technical foundation and show passion about helping his/her team succeed.
- This role will focus heavily on management of field and inside reps and their pipeline development and involves both inbound and outbound sales activities and development of a channel.
- Our customers are often application owners, software engineering leaders, and product managers. You must love interacting with engineers and product managers. More importantly, engineers and product managers must love interacting with you.
- You will support your team by helping them build and progress pipeline, work across functions (Finance, Marketing, Product) to execute complex deals and lead strategic prospect and customer meetings. The majority of sales execution is through an inside sales model – with up to 50% travel to clients for strategic opportunities.
- Develop and maintain a detailed sales plan to achieve revenue objectives from inbound, outbound and channel routes to market.
- Exceed revenue plan by leading your team to deliver sales of Twilio’s Authentication APIs with their prospects and customers.
- Consistently improve the effectiveness of your sales team by implementing programs to help them sell smarter and more efficiently.
- Manage a pipeline (Salesforce.com) and accurately forecast revenue to executive leadership.
- Effectively collaborate with other Twilio sales teams, Marketing, Finance, and Product to execute programs (cross sell, upsell, enablement, sales tool development, marketing programs etc.) that will fuel your team’s performance.
- Attract, hire, and grow top authentication sales professionals at Twilio based on budget and revenue objectives.
- At least 5 years experience in managing a team of sales executives with demonstrable examples of scaling the team while achieving increased sales effectiveness.
- A track record of leading and building high-performing sales teams and understand how to lead your team to deliver more than they may think is possible.
- Analytical and detail oriented. Able to collect data and quickly make decisions about next steps in the sales process. Comfortable making data-driven decisions.
- A tech-savvy person who learns fast and thinks on your feet. Love working with real customers--listening to them and solving problems.
- Ready to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done, doing whatever it takes to retain and delight a customer.
- Highly self motivated and ambitious in achieving goals. Strong team player but still a self-starter. Driven: no one needs to push you to excel; it’s just who you are -- relentless in pursuing goals and solving problems.
- High energy drive to close business and exceed assigned sales goals.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Confident dispensing knowledge to a highly-skilled and experienced audience.
- Ability to stay focused on goals and objectives and operate with minimal tactical direction.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree from a top-tier university or equivalent experience.
- Early stage startup experience.
- Authentication, Identity Management, Mobile or Cloud Security experience.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is a public company based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top