Twilio is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the Accounting team to further support the fast paced growth of the organization. This position will play an integral part in establishing and implementing financial processes for accounting for global payroll and internally developed capitalized software.
The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated and works well in teams. The individual will have demonstrated experience working within tight deadlines with strong accuracy. She/he will also have strong analytical and communication skills and a proven ability to work well across the organization to ensure overall team goals are met.
- Execute monthly accounting close activities and deliverables.
- Responsible for the entire global payroll accounting transactions:
- Must have knowledge of payroll practices.
- Preparation of payroll related journal entries and monthly accruals.
- Conducts appropriate research to ensure payroll expenses and accruals completed accurately.
- Preparation of well-supported account reconciliations to ensure integrity of account balances.
- Maintains confidentiality at all times.
- Responsible for Internally Developed Capitalized Software:
- Must have knowledge of ASC 350-40.
- Work with engineering managers to determine capitalizable projects and capture applicable hours.
- Maintain workbook for Capitalized software and subsequent amortization.
- Respond to all auditor inquiry related to Internally Developed Software.
- Champion process improvement focusing on implementing best practices and building scalable processes for your key areas and within the wider accounting organization.
- Prepare external audit deliverables related to specific areas of responsibility and research technical issues arising in your areas as required.
- Be involved in system implementations in relation to your areas of responsibility.
- Serve as backup for Staff Accountant (Bank Recons, Prepaid, cash processing, and credit card recons).
- Support the team on all audit and tax requests.
- Provide general support to the accounting operation as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field.
- Must have prior Internally Developed software experience.
- 4 to 7 years of accounting experience.
- Self-starter and able to work independently.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel user.
- Good understanding of US GAAP and good internal controls.
- Ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities in a dynamic environment and produce accurate and timely deliverables.
- A team player with the ability to establish collaborative working relationships.
- Results driven and detail orientated.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- Public company experience preferred.
- CPA license.
- Prior public accounting experience.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top