Solutions Lead, Sales Systems
About the job:
This is Kevin, the hiring manager. If I were considering this role, a few questions that would be top of mind for me are:
- What am I going to be doing? How does this fit into my career?
- What is my manager and my team going to be like?
- What is it like to work at Twilio?
This is a unique opportunity to use your creativity and problem-solving skills to shape the future of our sales rep efficiency and collaboration at Twilio. In addition to architecting complex automated solutions within our Salesforce instance, you will also be curating our entire sales stack and identifying the necessary data strategy to help our Sales team effectively engage with our customers and prospects. Additionally, because the best solutions are never just technical solutions, you will be empowered to drive process and enablement changes across organizations as needed. On a high level, you can expect to:
- Design scalable, complex Salesforce solutions that will stand the test of time and changing business needs
- Manage the selection and success of our sales stack
- Assist in curating a roadmap of projects that balance the short-term needs and long-term strategy of the Sales team
As a member of the team, I need you to take pride and ownership of your work, deliver industry-leading outputs, and be highly accountable. In return, you will have opportunities to deliver impact as well as the autonomy and resources to achieve your best work. I will work to provide the empathy and patience needed to nurture a culture of mutual accountability and trust.
This is not just something you can expect from me but is also something that you can expect of Twilio as part of our nine core values. These nine values are embedded into each team at Twilio -- as a Twilion, you are encouraged to tackle difficult problems (“Live the Spirit of Challenge”), be accepting of mistakes (“Draw the Owl”), and speak with candor and honesty (“No Shenanigans”).
Over the past two years, I have done some of my best work here at Twilio. If you are up for this unique opportunity, are eager to take on new challenges, and are looking for a place to do your best work, I’d love to meet you.
- Engage with key stakeholders to determine the best solution to each business challenge that arises
- Create and maintain a roadmap that balances immediate business needs and long-term initiatives
- Curate our sales stack to maximize productivity and data reliability
- Design and implement solutions that are user-friendly and will scale with the changing business
- Work with the team to design and fine-tune our data strategy with external sources
- Automate and consolidate workflows of our Sales team and any other teams Sales engages with
- Oversee all technical aspects of projects, integrations, and solutions developed on the SFDC platform
- Work cross-functionally to maintain and improve upon SFDC integrations with different teams and systems to support overall business processes
- 5+ years of experience working with SFDC
- Strong SFDC knowledge and integration components for SFDC (for example, SFDC APIs, Apex controllers, Apex Web Services, Apex callout, outbound messaging, SFDC data loaders, etc.)
- Proven success in scoping, documenting, designing, and building complex solutions for Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Legal
- Adaptable to changing requirements and changing schedules
- Experience producing Solution Design Documents and building Technical Specification documents
- Excellent judgment on when to build versus buy a solution
- Excellent judgment on how to balance business needs, speed, and scale
- SFDC Certified Administrator required. Certified Consultant or Developer ideal
- Quote-to-Cash certified or extensive experience in Quote-to-Cash applications
- Familiarity working with a Pay-as-you-go business model
- Experience with projects on custom forecasts and product schedules
- Comfortable designing and managing complex routing rules
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top