Software Engineering Manager - Trusted Communications
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Robocalls are skyrocketing and 70% of consumers don’t answer a call if the caller’s number is anonymous. Twilio’s Trusted Communications team is on a mission to make sure that millions of consumers have the information needed to decide whether to answer the phone or not. Our product, Verified By Twilio, is just the first phase of a broader initiative to build greater trust in traditional communications.
You are a builder of products as well as a builder of teams. You are a seasoned technical leader capable of driving the development of Trusted Communications with an innovative spirit, love of technology and ability to wear many hats. Your high energy and tireless commitment provides your team with the focus needed to deliver an exceptional service to thousands of Twilio customers. Along the way you’ll learn a ton, have fun, and make a positive impact on our business. You might be a fit if:
- You are motivated, passionate, empathetic and customer-obsessed.
- You have a strong product and architectural vision and a demonstrated ability to communicate, advocate, and execute on that vision.
- You have experience building and evolving developer-centric APIs and user interfaces.
- You are fanatically customer-centered, and able to build innovative and coherent solutions in a fast-evolving industry environment
- You have experience recruiting, hiring, and cultivating talent for your team.
- You have at least 3-5 years of software engineering management experience in a large-scale, enterprise environment, leading teams which build and operate customer facing PaaS or SaaS products.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Computer Science required, or equivalent experience.
As an Engineering Manager of Trusted Communications, we expect you will:
- Nurture your team. Hire well, manage performance, and provide coaching, mentorship, and career development to your staff.
- Show the way. Collaborating with Tech Leads, Architects and Product Managers, you’ll develop requirements and execution plans, define and track measurable goals for the team, and help guide our product roadmap as we evolve our product line.
- Ship great products. You’ll execute on developing world-class software in accordance with Twilio's engineering and operating standards.
- Live by and champion our cultural values of the Twilio Magic
- Be responsible for the overall success of your teams
At Twilio, fostering greater trust in communications is one of our top priorities. Our team plays an integral role in stopping unwanted calls and phone scams, while ensuring that consumers continue to receive wanted calls. For that purpose, we’re also creating a KYC repository to store verified information of businesses that will populate the phone screens as calls come in.
Twilio is truly unique: We are a company committed to your development, your growth, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We are growing rapidly and seeking talented leaders to join us on our journey.
This position will be located in our office at 1801 California Street in Denver. You will enjoy our office perks: free lunch, snacks, beer and cold brew on tap, ergonomic desks, and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 2,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Prague, Singapore, Sydney, and Tallinn.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top