Software Engineering Intern - Backend Team
About the internship:
Twilio is more than an API - it's a communications platform that empowers developers with the tools they need to innovate. We are looking for engineers to maintain our platform and infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to learn good programming and security practices, work in a team with very good software engineers.
Technologies we use:
- Databases: MongoDB / PostgreSQL
- Languages: Ruby / Go
- Infrastructure: AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda), Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker
- Write and maintain services written in Ruby and Go
- Create technical proposals
- Work closely with the product owner to deliver value to customers and end users
- Systems Engineering or related degree
- Interest in learning new technologies
- Passionate. Persistent. Creative. You'll find creative ways to solve problems
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of a Unix-based operating system (Linux, *BSD)
- Proficient with Command Line tools
- Familiarity with Git
- Knowledge of low-level programming languages (c, c ++, go, rust, asm)
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top