Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is seeking a Software Engineer for Twilio’s Voice Regional Engineering team to develop, deploy, and operate Twilio infrastructure worldwide with high availability, scalability, quality, and reliability. You will build next-generation systems and services, including developing services, frameworks and automated tooling to enable real-time, low latency services for next-generation Voice & Video communications infrastructure worldwide.
Twilio is looking for a Software Engineer who lives the Twilio Magic and with a demonstrated track record of success: They also have:
- Skills to collaborate across multiple global teams, working on the development and operations of new Regional infrastructure for Twilio’s Voice platform.
- Experience in complex distributed systems, including operating Java-based systems in production across multiple regions and/or data centers in a cloud platform or enterprise scale environment.
- Breadth of development and operational experience in building tools and frameworks, with an understanding of continuous deployment processes.
- Ability to think at scale, exceeding high availability SLA goals, bringing a focus on continuous delivery methodologies from design through deployment and operations.
- Built and managed systems that leverage DevOps and/or Data Pipelines, including experience with Kafka, Elasticsearch, Docker, and/or Terraform.
- 3+ years of experience including relevant experience with software development lifecycle and complex distributed systems projects.
- Bachelors/Masters degree required, or equivalent experience.
As a Software Engineer in the Voice Regional team, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER - You will build and operate Voice services based on Twilio standard procedures and guidelines, towards 24x7 availability, with high performance, scalable and zero downtime releases in AWS environment.
- EMPOWER OTHERS - Most importantly, you have the desire to collaborate across teams on best practices to build, test and operate services at scale.
- WRITE IT DOWN: You will craft best practices as runbooks and standard operating procedures to share knowledge goodness across teams.
- DRAW THE OWL: We still have problems we haven’t even thought of! You’ll need to recognize gaps in systems, services and processes to achieve ultimate success.
Twilio Developers use Programmable Voice to build unique communication experiences to make, receive and control voice interactions around the globe. Twilio’s Voice team develops and operates the worldwide infrastructure for call processing, including signalling, media, routing, conference, payment and speech services.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our office at Paseo de la Castellana 77, Madrid. You will enjoy our office perks: catered meals, snacks, game room, ergonomic desks, massages, Wednesday dinners, bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.