Software Engineer - Notify
About the job:
In Notify team You will design, develop and run the building blocks for Twilio real-time data transport infrastructure. The team is responsible for wide range of tasks, such as designing and implementing the RESTful SOA services, application level transport proxies and protocols, multi-platform client stacks, integrating with 3rd-party providers (like APNS, GCM), gathering and analysing performance and usage metrics. Notification services are consumed by both Twilio internal and external customers.
The team mostly consists of seasoned engineers with vast experience in distributed systems, networking, highly available and performant backend systems and more. There’s a lot to be learned, and plenty of opportunities to make an impact in Twilio Notify team.
- Be part of a small, high-impact, multi-talented engineering team in Tallinn, Estonia.
- Build secure, resilient and performant server- and client side components.
- Learn to collaborate with product management to define, architect, and build new customer-facing features.
- Own, operate, and maintain your team’s services in production.
- Write quality, maintainable code with extensive automatic test coverage in a fast-paced professional software engineering.
- Progress as engineer and be productive member of the team where leadership is a behavioral trait, not a title.
- Be adaptive to iterative approach to delivery and shift of priorities, your ability to assess task complexity and delivery time is critical.
In Notifications team we believe in versatility and ability to learn. You need to have solid theoretical foundation, a broad technology overview and be programming enthusiast to apply. (Note, that previous work experience is not required).
- Programming: You love programming, have been coding through school/university and are looking for prolific career in software development. You can express yourself in at least one of the following languages: C++, Java, C#. Bonus points for knowing other languages, ability to point to academic/professional/open source projects you’ve contributed to and competitive coding (olympiads, ACM, topcoder, ..)
- Networking fundamentals: You have basic understanding of how Internet works and were always curious to go deeper.
- Operating systems: You have been using *nix operating systems and can name a few differences between Windows and MacOS X besides visual elements.
- System building: You have been intrigued how things work beyond particular frameworks. You understand what compilers, virtual machines and daemons are for. You understand multithreading on conceptual level and can argue the benefits and shortcomings of native languages versus managed.
- University degree in computer science or equivalent experience: You went to a good school and proud of broad fundamental education it gave you. You have learned to program along the way.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top