Software Engineer - IoT
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and Twilio’s IoT Team is looking for a Software Engineer who wants to contribute in designing, developing, deploying and operating IoT backend services helping companies control their fleets of IoT devices.
You should have some or all of the following:
- Valid German work permit.
- A passion for learning and an ability to persevere until problems are solved.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Thorough understanding of fundamental software engineering, e.g. algorithms, data structures, concurrency, object oriented programming concepts, design patterns and principles.
- 0-3+ years of engineering experience with Java and/or Python. Scala is a big plus.
- Basic knowledge of Linux based systems and cloud computing technologies. Experience working with container-based applications (Docker specifically) is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of relational or NoSQL databases and querying concepts.
- Familiarity with version control concepts as well as unit and integration testing methodologies is a plus.
As a Software Engineer you will be part of a cross functional team that designs, builds and operates Twilio Wireless — the first fully programmable platform for IoT.
Twilio Wireless delivers an instantly deployable, cloud-based platform that allows developers to quickly develop and deploy internet-enabled devices.
In this role:
- You will hone your skills to write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment).
- You will learn cutting-edge skills by tackling complex problems in distributed computing.
- You will be spending some of your time infusing your technical expertise and know-how in your team through code reviews and white-boarding sessions.
- You will be working with our Tech Lead to setup best practices for the area of ownership. You will be working with Java/Scala/Python/MySql/AWS.
Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications.
With the launch of Twilio Wireless, we are doing the same for the world of IoT. Our vision is that in the near future the Internet of Things will truly live up to its name: anything that can benefit from being connected to the internet (i.e. all the things) will be — cheaply, reliably and with the ease of use that Twilio is famous for.
Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at WeWork c/o Twilio, Stresemannstraße 123, Berlin Mitte, D-10963 Germany. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks, company bi-weekly All Hands and more. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Back to top