Software Engineer Intern - Summer 2018
This is an internship opportunity for the Summer of 2018. You will be working in a rapidly evolving and fast-paced environment, with a team that is implementing a reliable, auto-scaling, software-based telephony application stack on top of commodity cloud computing resources such as Amazon's EC2.
About the job:
- Be a Software Engineer, not just an "intern".
- Ship many different projects during your summer.
- Engineers at Twilio solve problems in distributed computing, real-time DSP (audio processing), virtualization performance, distributed messaging, busses and more.
- During your internship, you will be given responsibility for core features and services that ship to our users.
- You will be expected to embrace these challenges, learn fast and deliver great results.
- You will bring the willingness to learn and grow and we will reciprocate with ample opportunity to do just that, in a friendly, fun and exciting startup environment!
- Learn to develop beautiful and profitable applications.
- Demonstrate consistent improvement in your coding skills, issue-tracking and source control systems, and agile development mentality.
- Participate in code reviews, bug tracking and project management with the rest of the Twilio Team.
- Working towards a degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
- Love of software development with several side projects and you may even be in the open source community.
- A hungry entrepreneurial and "can do" spirit, as evidenced by successful interest in learning new technologies.
- Has experience in data processing, analytics, business intelligence, and reporting
- Has experience with technologies such as hadoop, spark, python, scala etc.
- Business Intelligence group supports Twillo wide analytics via effectively implemented enterprise data warehouse platform using batch/real time ETL and 3rd party integration processes. We deliver accurate, timely and valuable insights through reports, dashboards and self-service analytical tools.
- Cloud Orchestration at Twilio builds internal backend services and tools to support our globally distributed cloud infrastructure. We are looking for someone who is interested in building the next generation of cloud management services and tools to support provisioning, deploying, discovering, and managing global cloud infrastructure.
- Data Science team builds machine learning and actionable intelligence systems and products for Twilio and our customers. We've created the intelligence for the Understand API, fraud and spam prevention systems, an experimentation platform, revenue and cost forecasts and many other applications. We have a collaborative work culture, leverage the best of breed technologies, platforms and knowledge in the community, and work directly with product and engineering teams to take our work to market.
- Experimentation team is focused on instilling a culture of experimentation across all of Twilio. We're looking for a statistics focused individual that can join our team as a data scientist helping us analyze all our experiments in a scalable way
- Phone Numbers team focuses on building the back-end systems to search, buy and test millions of phone numbers. Twilio's systems handle 5 billion+ http calls per month and are used for every phone call and SMS sent using Twilio. We focus on our customer’s who are using 100K+ number in their daily business.
- Programmable SMS builds the interfaces that power millions of SMS and MMS communications each day. As an engineer on this team you will operate cutting-edge distributed systems, design highly available components that undergo extreme load, and deploy customer facing features to power asynchronous messaging.
- Programmable Wireless team is a startup-within-a-startup which builds and operates the world wide infrastructure to provision and manage cellular connectivity, data, SMS and voice communications for IOT devices
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top