Software Engineer Intern (Summer 2017)
This is an internship opportunity for the Summer of 2017. You will be working in a rapidly evolving and fast-paced environment, with a team that is implementing a reliable, auto-scaling, software-based telephony application stack on top of commodity cloud computing resources such as Amazon's EC2.
About the job:
- Be a Software Engineer, not just an "intern".
- Ship many different projects during your summer.
- Engineers at Twilio solve problems in distributed computing, real-time DSP (audio processing), virtualization performance, distributed messaging, busses and more.
- During your internship, you will be given responsibility for core features and services that ship to our users.
- You will be expected to embrace these challenges, learn fast and deliver great results.
- You will bring the willingness to learn and grow and we will reciprocate with ample opportunity to do just that, in a friendly, fun and exciting startup environment.
- Learn to develop beautiful and profitable applications.
- Demonstrate consistent improvement in your coding skills, issue-tracking and source control systems, and agile development mentality.
- Participate in code reviews, bug tracking and project management with the rest of the Twilio Team.
- Working towards a degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
- Love of software development with several side projects and you may even be in the open source community.
- A hungry entrepreneurial and "can do" spirit, as evidenced by successful interest in learning new technologies.
- Billing Platform develops infrastructure used across all Twilio products to accurately bill customers at scale. As a pay-as-you-go micro transaction platform, you'll work on innovative solutions to pricing, real-time aggregation, payment processing, and other mission critical systems.
- Data Platform group delivers a self-service platform of powerful, scalable, reliable and high performance data services and infrastructure to keep up with our rapid growth and the increasing demands of our product teams, business units and external customers.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top