Software Engineer - FX Billing Platform
FX-Billing Platform team builds backend micro services to support order to cash process of different billing & revenue models for Twilio products. The charter of this team to enable Product & Sales to build new Twilio customer base while providing exceptional customer experience related to billing and payments services. We manage all the compliance, regulatory and financial processes that helps maintain accuracy and integrity of revenue information.
About the job:
- Within the first 6 months of work, you will design, prototype, implement and deploy one or more core Twilio platform services.
- The process will include developing an early understanding of the product, documenting design and code details and participating in peer code reviews. The resulting service will require integration with other existing Twilio systems, as well as with Twilio’s performance and availability monitoring suite.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment) - cowboy coders need not apply.
- Collaborate across the company and interact with our customers (software engineers) to define, design and build new APIs.
- Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, virtualization performance, distributed queuing, and more.
To apply for the role of Software Engineer, you should have some or all of the following:
- A Bachelors or preferably Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Proficient background in networking, operating systems, and security.
- 0-3+ Years of engineering experience with Python or Java. Scala experience a plus.
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies, and the ability to write, debug and deploy testing frameworks.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres,Oracle, etc.
- Experience with Web technologies/framework a plus eg: React, Angular JS.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Show us your GitHub and/or website on your resume.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- An Amazon Kindle, $30/month to spend on books and a Twilio track jacket after demoing your first Twilio app in front of the company!
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Catered lunches and a weekly team dinner featuring invited technology and entrepreneurial speakers.
- Excellent gear (we ❤ Apple computers and big monitors — two if you need 'em).
- A strong belief in life/work balance.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top