Software Engineer - Billing Platform (University Graduate)
As part of the Billing Platform team, you'll develop infrastructure used across all Twilio products to accurately bill customers at scale. As a pay-as-you-go microtransaction platform, you'll work on innovative solutions to pricing, real-time aggregation, payment processing, and other mission critical systems.
About the job:
- Within the first 6 months of work, you will design, prototype, implement and deploy one or more core Twilio platform services.
- The process will include developing an early understanding of the product, documenting design and code details and participating in peer code reviews. The resulting service will require integration with other existing Twilio systems, as well as with Twilio’s performance and availability monitoring suite.
- Write maintainable code with extensive test coverage, working in a professional software engineering environment (with source control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment) - cowboy coders need not apply.
- Collaborate across the company and interact with our customers (software engineers) to define, design and build new APIs.
- Tackle complex problems in distributed computing, virtualization performance, distributed queuing, and more.
To apply for the role of Software Engineer, you should have some or all of the following:
- A Bachelors or preferably Masters degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Proficient background in networking, operating systems, and security.
- 0-3+ Years of engineering experience with Python or Java. Scala experience a plus.
- Knowledge of unit and integration testing methodologies, and the ability to write, debug and deploy testing frameworks.
- Experience with traditional RDBMS databases, such as MySQL, Postgres,Oracle, etc.
- Experience with Web technologies/framework a plus eg: React, Angular JS.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as DynamoDB, Cassandra, etc.
- Show us your GitHub and/or website on your resume.
Twilio makes communications easy and powerful. With Twilio's platform, businesses can make communications relevant and contextual by embedding real-time communication and authentication capabilities directly into their software applications. Twilio gives businesses the ability to innovate, prototype, create, and connect with their customers at the right time and in the right way. Founded in 2008, Twilio is publicly held and based in San Francisco, California with other offices around the world.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top