Software Engineer - Billing Platform, Backend
What we do:
- Process over 1,000,000,000 transactions each month.
- Capture all of Twilio's usage into an ERP system to report and forecast revenue.
- Identify and stop fraud: Credit card fraud, spam, phishing.
- Tax thousands of customers globally over 10+ products.
How we do it:
- RESTful microservices written in Scala and Python.
- Data storage with MySQL, Dynamo DB, Redis.
- Cloud hosted on AWS (SQS, EC2, Kinesis, Pipelines, Redshift).
- Design, build, test, deploy our services.
- Utilize distributed workflows, machine learning.
- Leverage open source projects: Dropwizard, Scalaz, Flask, gevent, gunicorn.
What we are looking for:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years in industry as a developer working with mission critical systems or billing systems.
- Experience with at least one database system.
- You have experience owning production systems.
- You have experience with Scala, Functional Programming, Distributed Systems.
- You know AWS (EC2, Dynamo DB, SQS).
- You have integrated with a third party API.
- You enjoy finding why one rogue message out of 30 million escaped billing.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top