Senior Website Product Manager
Twilio is looking for a Product Manager to join the Brand Experience team in Marketing. You’re joining the multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers who produce a website that thousands of people experience every day.
About the job:
Your core responsibilities are the architecture, performance, and workflows that facilitate our key audiences, including developers and non-developers to discover Twilio products and services. Your areas of expertise span data integration, analysis, page optimization, conversion funnels, and user testing. Your partners are the high-caliber design, engineering, production, growth, and product marketing teams that collaborate to tell the Twilio story on our primary website, and make it convert.
- Own the roadmap. Working in close partnership with Analytics and Growth, you’ll extract visitor and behavioral insights from multiple sources of data; develop hypotheses on audience segments, need states, and site engagement; and create methodologies for validating optimization plans. As the Website Product Manager, you’ll harness the numbers to propel & prioritize optimizations in the website pipeline, with the goal of providing our customers with the information they need and drive further growth.
- Own the interface. Every department at Twilio relies on Brand Experience for their website presence, with varying levels of criticality and complexity. As the product owner of twilio.com, the Website Product Manager will act as the main interface to set expectations of internal stakeholders and managing the execution with the team.
- Own the process. You’ll develop and project manage the full lifecycle of small-to-large website initiatives (requirements gathering, UX, concept & design, development, tracking) through to final launch & post-launch tracking. This includes managing the pipeline, scoping projects & sprints, resourcing & staffing projects as appropriate, maintaining a regular feedback loop with all key stakeholders, and keeping abreast of performance to inform direction of future iterations.
- Own the optimization. Define the methodology and test plans for A/B & multivariate testing across the site. Design and lead all primary and secondary research to better understand how visitors use the site, work with other teams to segment distinct audiences along with use cases for each, and identify ways to optimize the site to provide a better experience for each of these segments with an eye toward future scalability.
- 12+ years experience in product management or product development roles.
- Strong project management skills: orchestrating resources, scoping & running sprints, managing & triaging website pipeline.
- Extensive knowledge of digital tracking tools, metrics and analysis from input channels, time on page, bounce & exit, conversion, content paths, and conversion funnels that contribute to downstream growth.
- 3+ years experience in website optimization, A/B testing, and funnel development and nurture.
- Experience designing and conducting primary quantitative & qualitative research, including 1:1 customer interviews and usability studies.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong self-starter--you’re a startup within a startup
- Engineering / developer background a plus.
- BS in Computer Science, UX, HIG, or a comparable field.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. #LI-POST
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top