Senior Technical Support Engineer
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio Global is growing rapidly and we are seeking to add a Senior Technical Support Engineer in our Singapore office.
You will function as the voice of Twilio to our customers and partners and function as a subject matter expert for Twilio’s powerful API products.
Twilio is looking for a team player with a demonstrated track record of providing world-class customer experience to technical audience. We seek someone with:
- 3+ years experience in a client-facing technical role, preferably in supporting REST API or enterprise software
- A firm understanding of the technology stacks common to the Web ecosystem.
- Solid understanding of computer networking.
- Strong desire to deliver positive customer experiences by identifying their problems and guiding them through complex technical solutions.
- Ability to professionally and diplomatically address customer concerns and provide concise feedback.
- Excellent reading comprehension, listening, and writing skills in English. Due to the frequent support of our customers in China, proficiency in Mandarin is a plus
- Previous experience building or supporting applications on Twilio is a huge plus
As a Senior Technical Support Engineer, you will:
- WEAR THE CUSTOMER SHOES & RUTHLESSLY PRIORITIZE: Work on a dozen cases submitted by both individual developers and major brands. Some examples include: assisting a customer in tracking down a deliverability issues both outbound and inbound, debugging a customer’s code which is resulting in 400 responses, or perhaps speaking with a customer on the phone to guide them through development of their application.
- EMPOWER OTHERS & BE AN OWNER: Internally, you will be collaborating with your teammates and the Twilio Product and Engineering teams via Slack as well as filing JIRAs to report reproducible bugs, spending time reviewing internal knowledge bases to stay up on industry shifts and standards, and working with your manager to surface customer pain points to assist in process betterment.
- Be part of our APJ Support team providing product and technical assistance to our customers. You will interact daily with your teammates in Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan and Australia.
- Provide support and conduct effective troubleshooting on a dozen of cases daily via email, phone and our ticketing system Zendesk.
- Help customers understand the finer points of Twilio capabilities and influence them to implement best practices.
- Interact, collaborate and network with other departments in Twilio in your search for solutions that best fit our customers need.
- Work cross functionally with Engineering, Product Management and Sales. Sometimes you will work with similar cross-functional teams from partner organizations.
- Help us understand customer trends, documenting and reporting what you observe to the management team in order to better improve our support process.
- Willing to perform shifts
Twilio Support is unlike no others. We not only provide technical support but also world-class hospitality to our customers. We wear our customers’ shoes every day and make sure the customers’ voice is heard by our Product and Engineering team.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our beautiful office at 9 Straits View Marina One West Tower. You will enjoy our incredible perks: catered meals, snacks and drinks, ergonomic desks and regular team events and activities along with regular company and regional All Hands and more. You will also be part of a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life; that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, and can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top