Senior Technical Accounting Manager
- Flexible / Remote
Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why and Where
Twilio is growing rapidly and seeking a Senior Technical Accounting Manager to become the go-to person within the Company primarily for providing technical accounting guidance and leading or assisting in technical accounting projects including M&A transactions. This role will work cross-functionally with broader Finance organizations and other internal groups such as Legal, Business Development, Sales and Human Resources, as well as interface with outside technical advisors and auditors. This role will also be responsible for compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements for internal controls in its respective areas of responsibility.
Twilio is looking for a person who lives the Twilio Magic and has demonstrated a track record of delivering excellent results in a fast-growing company. They also have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 5+ years of work experience, majority in a Big 4 public accounting firm.
- Active CPA license.
- Strong technical accounting background, with experience in revenue recognition (ASC 606), business combinations (ASC 805) and stock-based compensation (ASC 718).
- Experience with M&A transactions – process, deliverables, controls.
- Well-developed technical accounting research skills and experience in documenting technical accounting papers.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley concepts, process and controls.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively operate in a fast-paced environment, prioritize, multitask, deliver high quality results within established timeframes and go the extra mile.
- Ability to be a self-starter and team player.
- A desire to strive for continuous improvement and to enhance Twilio’s unique culture.
As a Senior Technical Accounting Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze technical accounting topics/transactions, provide key findings to internal stakeholders, document accounting white papers and calculations.
- DRAW THE OWL: Apply critical thinking and problem-solving skills to break down technical issues, identify applicable accounting guidance, propose solutions.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Be a leader and an expert in your areas of responsibility. Take end-to-end ownership of all aspects of your projects.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio and treat your cross-functional partners as your customers.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment and integrity in analyzing accounting issues and applying appropriate guidance.
The Technical Accounting Team is central to Twilio's continued growth. We advise the leadership in selection, application and implementation of the accounting guidance, we participate in leading, evaluating, analyzing and managing various aspects of significant transactions and have a significant impact on the overall direction of the company.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the world’s developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world and we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits and perks to support the physical, financial, and emotional well being of you and your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers’ experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work and be the best version of themselves.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Back to top