Senior Software Engineer - Twilio Flex
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where and Why
Twilio is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who wants to design, develop and operate high scale services that power the next generation of a cloud contact center platform analytics and reporting. As a Senior Engineer you will be part of a cross functional team that designs, builds and operates Twilio Flex - the first fully programmable cloud contact center platform. Twilio Flex allows businesses to programmatically customize every element of their contact center experience - from the core infrastructure to the user interfaces.
- You bring experience with Node.js, Python or JVM languages (Java/Scala).
- You can design and develop scalable and resilient distributed systems operated on AWS.
- You are a champion of quality, test automation and CI/CD workflows.
- You have an understanding of scalable data pipelines, next generation distributed data stores and data analytics/reporting.
- You communicate well in person, on paper and in code. You love to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, energetic teams.
- Design, develop, deploy and operate a suite of services that will form the foundation of Twilio Flex reporting, analytics, speech and text analysis.
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Architects and Engineers in different locations.
- Tackle some of the most challenging problems you can face developing highly available services in a cloud environment, these services will go from concept to sustained exponential growth in a very short period of time.
- Enjoy getting the MVP out the door, and you know that to take services to scale require developing a complex distributed platform and will be concerned with availability, throughput, latency and real-time responsiveness.
Flex announcement video
Twilio Flex Press Release
With the launch of Flex, Twilio introduces a new type of platform for applications which has the potential to disrupt traditional monolithic application vendors in the same way API platforms disrupted traditional infrastructure services for communications, compute and payments.
Twilio is truly unique. We are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development and your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems and creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion and innovation and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us.
This position will be located in our office Prague (Karlin), Czech Republic. You should expect the normal perks and environment which is common in a modern knowledge based company. Occasional travel to the San Francisco based headquarters and our offices in London, UK and Tallinn, Estonia is something that you should be able to accommodate as well. What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, we know this is a marathon not a sprint; that builds an inclusive culture where we want all of our people to be comfortable and thrive. We seek out people who live by our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook.
More than 2 million developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, and video by virtualizing the world’s telecommunications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 1,000 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore, Tallinn and Prague.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Back to top