Senior Software Engineer - Services (IOT)
Twilio enables developers and businesses to build apps that communicate with everyone in the world.
The vision of the Programmable Wireless team is to build the first truly global and programmable connectivity network, enabling developers to build the next generation of IoT and communications devices.
About the job:
Join a fast paced, growing team that is creating one of Twilio's most transformative products to date. As a Senior Software Engineer for Programmable Wireless you will own development of backend infrastructure, from customer-facing REST APIs to service integration with mobile network operators, to our Spark-based data application layer.
This is a senior role in a fast paced, highly visible team that functions as a startup within Twilio working across a number of product groups. Here you will build features and feel direct impact of the customers.
- Join a fast-growing, high-impact, multi-talented engineering team
- Create, maintain, own and operate your team’s services that supporting fundamental capabilities; from customer facing APIs, to high scale data layers, to service components that interact with both internal and external partners
- Build object models and data streams that can abstract device capabilities for IOT applications
- Help evaluate and choose emerging technologies…new service protocols and architectures, self-healing capabilities, globally distributed caching, performance and code quality tooling, etc. Determine the right tool for the right task.
- Lead by example by writing quality, maintainable code with extensive test coverage
- 5+ years in the industry as a software engineer
- Expert level development skills with distributed systems and complex code bases
- Experience working with Java and MySQL (or other RDBMS) in a production environment
- Great communication skills and strong team player
- Experience in a production DevOps environment at significant scale
- Experience with Scala
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. Developers and businesses use Twilio to make communications relevant and contextual by embedding messaging, voice and video capabilities directly into their software applications. Founded in 2008, Twilio has over 650 employees, with headquarters in San Francisco and other offices in Bogotá, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Mountain View, Munich, New York City, Singapore and Tallinn.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
See Inside the Office of Twilio
Launched in 2008, Twilio simplifies business communication across applications—supplying developers with the highly competent tools needed to develop customer-centric phone, VoIP, and messaging systems on its global cloud API platform. From online restaurant bookings to tech support call center networks, Twilio's flexible technology lets companies construct personalized business solutions that enhance customer-service interaction and profitability.
Back to top