Senior Software Engineer - Messaging, Mobile Apps (React Native)
Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why and Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. The Twilio‘s Messaging platform enables companies to integrate omni-channel communications directly into their applications via simple cloud APIs and developer friendly SDKs. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Messaging Mobile Apps team in Tallinn who is passionate about designing, developing, testing and releasing software solutions at scale, and wants to help Twilio deliver real-time, low latency capabilities for next-generation communications.
We are looking for versatile full-stack web software engineer with product thinking eager to bring first ever Twilio Messaging Mobile Apps to the market. You will be responsible for designing and building React Native applications, as well as collaborating with the teams responsible for SDKs and API layers of the Messaging infrastructure.
- You are ready to learn and execute on multiple levels of software engineering: from websocket I/O to object lifecycle management, from low-level optimisations and debugging to interfaces and system design, from writing code to release management and assuring the quality of your work.
- You take pride and ownership of React Native applications that have pure and intuitive user experience. You enjoy shipping your apps to Google Play and Apple App Store and taking user feedback.
- You strive for building performant mobile applications on both the iOS and Android platforms. You know how to leverage native APIs for deep integration with operating system services.
- You are eager to reach out to the open source community and help implement critical software fixes: React Native framework progresses quickly, sometimes with a few disruptions.
- You have passion about full-stack web development, familiar with established industry standards, and curious about new frameworks and technologies.
- You think about the product first and have empathy for our customers and their businesses enabled by Twilio platform.
We welcome and incorporate people with different levels of seniority and experience.
As a member of Messaging Mobile Apps team you will have an opportunity to work on the customer facing part of the globally-distributed and bulletproof-resilient communication platform, powering Twilio’s Conversations, Programmable Chat and Flex products. You will contribute to product development from end-user applications perspective: you will be designing and developing beautiful and consistent React Native Apps for millions of users around the world. You will work directly with engineering teams and with members of the product organisation to distill customer requirements into architecture, design, and development.
In this role you will build the premiere Twilio Messaging Mobile Apps with native feel, embed our web SDKs and interact with Twilio services. You will wear designer, coder, QA and product hats, and develop at multiple layers of software stack: networking, protocols, data modeling, business logic, public interfaces, UI components. There’s much to learn, and much to be done! You must have at least 3 of the proficiencies below to be considered for the role:
- React Native. You know what it takes to build a cross-platform mobile-first application. You strive for consistency and code reuse, and know-ins and outs of mobile frameworks. You are familiar with iOS and Android SDK and UI to get deep integration and native look & feel of the application.
- Testing and Releasing. You are passionate about quality and can engineer it at all stages of software development. You are able to design and develop quality pipeline requiring as little human intervention as possible.
- User Interfaces and User Experience. You have a solid background in building responsive and consistent UI components with great user experience on mobile platforms. You can illustrate it with a few examples from your portfolio.
- API Stack. You have experience in designing and implementing backend services exposing REST APIs and powering Client SDKs and Web front-ends.
The SDKs and Apps developed by the Messaging team are used by thousands of customers, both internal and external to Twilio. Your team will package and deliver best-in-class contact centre experience to disrupt the traditional monolithic application business. You will work at the frontier of infrastructure that enables Conversations, powers aspects of Flex and works in concert with Programmable Messaging suite.
Twilio empowers the world’s developers with modern communication tools, helping them to build better applications. Twilio is unique: we are a company committed to your entire employee experience. We win when our employees succeed and we're dedicated to helping you cultivate your strengths. This means we will trust you to invest in complex solutions where we need them, and we’ll rely on and encourage creativity. We have a culture founded on diversity, inclusion, and innovation, and we want you and your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us!
This position will be located in our new beautiful and well-designed office at Veerenni 38 in Tallinn. You will enjoy our incredible perks: monthly breakfast, twice a week lunch, dinner during our bi-weekly global All Hands and a fully-stocked kitchen with a variety of snacks and beverages. We offer true ownership of your own work, great salary package, Twilio RSUs (stock, NYSE: TWLO), mobile phone and gym reimbursement, monthly mobile expense coverage, monthly health expense coverage etc.
What you will also get to experience is a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; that strives to balance work and home life, that understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously and purposefully builds an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do and be the best version of themselves. We seek people who naturally demonstrate our values, who are challenged by problems, empower others to thrive, people who can draw the owl and not be beholden to one playbook. Do you want to experience all of this with the best people? Join our really diverse, international team in Tallinn!
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video and email by virtualizing the world’s communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the world’s most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developer’s toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry — from emerging leaders to the world’s largest organizations — to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Back to top